What a lovely day to enjoy the company of beautiful budding entrepreneurs.
We met in Aurora at Katelyn's home, as she co-hosted with Kate for our third gathering and Pamper Party!
As usual, we do our fun catching up over healthy snacks...and love-filled snacks, *ahem* Kate's amazing cookies and pop tarts! Lucky for us she was testing out some flavors for her upcoming HAHO Market May 6 & 7th at the National Western Complex (http://www.denverhaho.org/the-market.html) @denverhaho . She will be one of 85 vendors offering her handmade homemade goodies to attendees and Alpaca Show Goers. Definitely look out for her booth, because she will be one of few food vendors! And having tasted all of her goodies, they will be sold out fast!
After happily stuffing our faces, we discussed some of the current hardships we were facing with our businesses, confiding in each other but also offering solutions and encouragement that there will be more difficult struggles, but also the highs that make everything so worth doing!
From there we moved into the kitchen to feel the "fun," that Katelyn has to offer with her "Lipsense" business. We each tried on a different vibrant color of LipSense. Mine, strawberry shortcake, certainly stood out as the brightest! Other colors like rose, samon (yes no 'l') and cocoa, were more subtle options. Come to find out after putting this bright beautiful and empowering color on my lips...that it would remain this way for the next 18 hours or so! Pretty impressive, and an eye-turner for the other drivers on the car ride home. Check out the instagram account for pics @cupkackes
What a blast to learn about their fun businesses and what is on the horizon. We can't wait for our next meetup at the Denver Press Club...our 1st Slumber Party! May 5th. Please inquire if you'd like to come hang--the best ideas come in the darkest hours:)
There will be a clothing swap to start off the evening, planned activities, pin-up girl photo booth, brunch and more to be announced! Email if you'd like to join our "Genius Sister" Entrepreneurial Group, we would love to collaborate with more great minds!! email@example.com
Today we got to demo at a Health Fair in Littleton; Here is the insider scoop for the recipe we made. It is super easy and delicious!! Tag us #mezclamaggie if you create it!
Cinnamon Toast CRUNCh PROTEIN POPCORN
Serving Size 1, about 2 Cups:
· 2 T cup white organic non-GMO popcorn kernels
· 1 T tbs. organic coconut oil for in your skillet
Protein Powder “Glaze”
· 1-2 tbs. organic coconut oil
· 1/2 scoop 1st Phorm CTC Protein Powder (or protein powder of choice)
· salt (optional)
You can switch out your fat for Blended Vegetable Oil, Peanut Butter (melted in Glaze) or Experiment with Others!
1. To make popcorn, preheat a small skillet (that has a fitting lid) over medium heat with 1 T of oil. After preheated, add popcorn kernels, cover and shake to ensure all popcorn is covered with oil.
2. Let sit for 1-2 minutes, then shake and stay by the pan, continuing to shake the pan. You will hear the first kernel popping. Set a timer for 2 minutes.
3. Shake the pan for the entire two minutes, DON”T TOUCH THE LID!!
4. IF you don’t hear any more popcorn kernels popping, take off heat, otherwise after 2 minutes is up, take this off the heat. Keep covered 1-2 more minutes.
5. All popcorn kernels should have popped yay!
6. Make your glaze sauce:
7. In a bowl, melt the oil or fat of choice in the microwave. Add protein powder and stir to combine. Add mix-ins if you desire (peanuts, chocolate chips, etc).
8. Drizzle protein glaze sauce over popcorn, and Stir or Shake Vigorously to incorporate..
9. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
10. Chow Down!
Nutrition (1 serving): 28.7g Fats 4.8g Carbs 10.5g Protein 306kcal
To Order 1stPhorm CTC Level-1 Protein Powder, use coupon code: “Maggie” for free shipping, or visit: https://1stphorm.com/a/products/level-1?a_aid=Maggie
For Catering, 10% off if you refer to this demo, email: firstname.lastname@example.org